We just had this tonight. Everyone loved it! It was an easy meal. I think it would be good with chicken. Could substitute Quinoa for the rice.
I ended up adding a can of tomatoes and green chillies.
I got recipe here
Cheesy Enchilada Rice Skillet
- 1 cup uncooked rice ( I did 1 and a 1/2 cups of rice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (used butter)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced(I did 4 cloves)
- 1 small onion, diced( I used large sweet)
- 1 bell pepper, diced ( I did yellow)
- 1 cup canned corn kernels, drained (I did a bag of frozen corn)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup mild enchilada sauce (I did full 10 oz can)
- 1/2 cup mild green enchilada sauce (I did a full 16oz jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano(did 1/2 t)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- I added a can of "tomatoes with green chillies
- In a large saucepan of 1 1 /2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and bell pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, corn, black beans, enchilada sauces, chili powder, cumin and oregano until well combined and heated through, about 2-3 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.