Thursday, January 26, 2012

Spinach Muffins


 I have been having a lot of fun this past month.  I have been working on three things I love to do.  Making meals/snacks for my family, photography and digitalscrapbooking.  (When I have time that is)  In this post I get to use all three of my hobbies. 
    I got this recipe from weelicious.com .  She creates a lot of recipes that taste great but are healthy at the same time.  I recommend visiting her website.   Here is one of my favorite recipes.  Find it below or here is a link to her recipe
   It is a Spinach Muffin recipe.  My kids love it! 


Spinach Cake Muffins (Makes 24 Mini Muffins)
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce ( I have been adding a little extra.)
1 Large Egg
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Fresh Spinach, packed
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt  ( I have been adding a tiny bit less)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 6 ingredients in a food processor or good blender and puree.
3. Place the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and combine.
4. Pour the spinach puree in a large mixing bowl.
5. Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet until combined.
6. Scoop batter into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way.
7. Bake for 12 minutes.
8. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment