creamy cajun chicken pasta
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (we use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning and Tony Chachere's Special Herbal Blend Spice N' Herb Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (We add a little more)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- 2 In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3 Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- 4 Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese. (You can top with Parmesan cheese. We skip this step at out house)