- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite, we use Open Pit)
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1In a large skillet, brown ground beef, celery and onion.
- 2Drain the fat, who needs it?.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients, simmer covered, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4If Joes appear too'loose', leave cover off and let moisture evaporate.
- 5Cook until it's the consistency you like for serving on toasted buns, with french fries and cole slaw.